Drain Cleaning & Drain Repair Services in Oakley
The drains in your home are busy all day long. Every time that you wash your hands, wash a load of dishes, and flush the toilet you are using the drain system of your home.
You can imagine how important it is to have all of the drains in your home working properly. In fact, if any one of your drains clogs – it can bring your whole day to a halt.
Not to mention the unsanitary conditions that a clogged drain creates in your home. When your drains clog, they usually cause used water to flood back up into the basin. This water is full of bacteria and waste.
Where Are Drains Found?
The drains in your home are all over the place. Essentially, anywhere in your home that you use water and need it carried away from you is where you will find a drain. For instance:
- In your kitchen there is a drain in the sink but, also in the dishwasher. When the dishwasher is done washing and/or rinsing the dishes it will release the used water out of its drain, which is usually diverted through your garbage disposal.
- Your bathroom has the most drains of any room in your home. There is the shower, bathtub, sink, and toilet. Most people don’t think of the toilet as a drain but, in fact, it is the biggest drain in your home.
- Laundry room. In your laundry room the washing machine has a drain that is configured to connect to a hose in the wall behind the machine. Also, if you have a utility sink or laundry room sink then there is a drain in that as well.
If your drains are clogged, need replacement, or you need them cleaned for maintenance don’t hesitate to contact Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Oakley. Our team knows all about the function, mechanics, and complications specific to your drain system.
What Clogs My Drains?
Depending on the location of your drains, there is a wide variety of things that can clog them. Some include:
- Kitchen: Your kitchen drain can get clogged with food scraps, grease, and even dried soap residue. If you are in the habit of pour grease from cooked meat down the drain – you should stop that habit immediately. This is probably the most damaging thing that you can do to your kitchen drain. In fact, when you pour grease into your kitchen drain, you run the risk of everything else that goes down behind it getting caught in the congealed grease. The clog from this scenario is very stubborn.
- Bathroom: In your bathroom, the number one cause of a clog is non-flushable paper products being flushed down the toilet. These are things like baby wipes and dental floss. They seem harmless enough, but they are actually quite damaging to your drain system. Also, shaving cream can be very obstructive to your sink drain. It is more or less liquid when you use but, once mixed with water and dried out – it turns into a cement substance.
- Laundry room: The washing machine in your laundry very rarely gets clogged but, when it happens you will find yourself with a washing machine tub full of water and soaking wet clothes. You have to pull all of this out of machine before you can check to see if the drain has been clogged with paper or some other foreign object.
The best way to avoid a drain clog in your home is to have regular maintenance checks. Don’t hesitate to contact our office to schedule yours today. And, if you do have a drain clog or other type of drain emergency, call us right away. You will always be greeted by a live member of our team, and never an answering machine. We can help to address your drain cleaning need right away and get your drain system up and running to your 100% satisfaction!