The drain system in your home is extremely important to the health and wellness of you and your family. This is because the drains of your appliances and fixtures are responsible for carrying the used water and waste materials generated by your household away from your home and to the main sewer line pipe buried under your home.
Without your drain system working properly, all of that waste and wastewater would back-up into your sinks and basins, leaving puddles of sewage and bacteria inside of your home.
The best way to ensure that your home is protected from this disaster is to make sure that your drains are properly and thoroughly cleaned regularly.
At Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Lafayette knows how important proper drain maintenance and function is. That is why all of the experts on our team work hard to stay up-to-date with the latest drain cleaning technology and tools.
We have the knowledge and training to help you with all manner of drain cleaning. Our team works hard to maintain a reputation of honesty and outstanding customer care. Any time that you have a drain clog and need an expert plumber, call our office. You will be greeted by a live person and never a machine.
Benefits of drain cleaning service for your Lafayette home or business
As with all other mechanical systems of your home, maintenance is essential to keeping your drain system working properly. The drains of your home can be found on all plumbing appliances and fixtures.
For instance, when your washing machine tub drains the water it just used – that water goes down the drain. When you fill a tub for the kiddos and then pull the plug, that water goes down the drain. When you use the toilet and flush it – that water goes down the drain.
Some of the benefits of having your drain system professionally cleaned include:
- Eliminating all chances of any kind of clog or obstruction that could cause damage later
- Removing all build-up and corrosion to ensure that your system is working properly at all times
- Reducing the chances of a main sewer line obstruction from items that have made it down the drain
- Reducing the expense of a main line sewer malfunction or breakdown
How your drains work
The drains in your home each have an individual job, depending on which fixture they are assigned to. And, they collectively have a job, as they all connect to the main sewer line of your home.
Drains can be found it all of the rooms of your home, including:
- In the kitchen the main drain is the kitchen sink. This often includes a garbage disposal. While your dishwasher also has a drain, the water from that drain is usually diverted into the garbage disposal of your kitchen sink. This is important to know because the food scraps from your garbage disposal as well as your dishwasher can cause your kitchen sink drain to clog.
- In your bathroom there are many drains. These include the shower, bathtub, toilet, and sink. In some bathrooms the shower and bathtub drains are one in the same, meaning that twice as much dirt, soap, product, and build-up can occur and clog the pipe. The number one cause of drain clogs in the bathroom is repeated flushing of non-flushable paper products down the toilet. Things like q-tips, baby wipes, and paper towels will all clog the toilet drain quick.
- Laundry room. In the laundry room the drains are usually a utility sink and the washing machine. The washing machine is configured to drain the tub and deposit the water into a pipe that is vertical to the washing machine but, installed in the wall behind it. This pipe can get clogged depending on how much litter is left in your clothing before you wash them.
Don’t hesitate to contact Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Lafayette for any drain cleaning services that you need. Our team of expert plumbers are happy to help and, will work hard to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with our work.
Whether you need drain cleaning maintenance or you have a clog and need drain cleaning services immediately, our team can help. Building trusting relationships with our clients is important to us so, we make sure that when you call you are always greeted by a live person and never a machine.