Hercules, California Sewer Line Repair
When you turn on the faucets in your home or start the washing machine, clean water is readily available and comes out for you to use. But, what happens to the water after you have run your load of laundry or you have used the sink?
What happens to all of the used water that rinses down the drains in your home?
Once the water from your plumbing system is used for the various household tasks that you need it for, it goes down the drain and into the sewer line system. This is the system of pipes and fittings that is connected to the municipal sewage system and carries waste and wastewater to the sewer treatment facility.
Sewer line repair
Thankfully, your plumbing system will give some very clear signs if there is a problem with your main sewer line. Some of those signs include:
- Your toilets will likely not work properly if your main sewer line is malfunctioning. In fact, your toilets are connected directly to the sewer line so you may even see a back-up of sewage in your toilet bowl in the event of a sewer line malfunction.
- Your drains will probably start making strange noises – even when you’re not using them. For instance, gurgling, growling, and sputtering are all signs that your main sewer line is ailing.
- If you notice that there is a clog in your kitchen sink and in your bathroom sink at the same time, it is likely a problem with your sewer line and not the individual fixtures.
All of these clues should be investigated by a professional. Any indication of a main sewer line problem must be addressed immediately before it turns into a major problem. Having your yard flooded with used water and raw sewage is every homeowner’s worst nightmare.
Luckily, the professionals at Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Hercules have been managing all manner of sewer line repair, replacement, installation, and cleaning for years.
Sewer line cleaning
At Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Hercules, we like getting the job done right the first time. And, to do this we make sure that we have all of the latest training and equipment.
One technique that we use specifically for sewer line cleaning is video camera inspection. This is the process whereby we send a waterproof camera into your sewer lines and take a video of the conditions.
This is especially useful to monitor the growth of tree roots so you know when you should replace or remove sections of pipe before they begin leaking and it helps us to quickly locate sources of problems such as clogs and obstructions.
Sewer line replacement and installation
In addition to sewer line cleaning, the video camera inspection process is very useful in the case of sewer line pipes and fittings that need replacing. There are a variety of reasons that your sewer line might need replacement, and it can range from just a section of pipe to the entire system.
All of these circumstances are made crystal clear by the video camera inspection process. By being able to see your sewer lines from the inside out, the team at Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Hercules can detect a wide variety of sewer line problems, including:
- While some solid items might make it down the drain or flushed down the toilet, at some point they will get caught a long the sewer line pipe. The diameter of this pipe is minimal as it is only meant to manage liquids and small amounts of solid material. So, if a foreign objects gets rinsed down the drain or flushed down the toilet, it is highly likely that it will get stuck in the sewer pipe line somewhere. These obstructions cause serious problems, as the materials and liquids that come a long after the obstruction are essentially stuck and simple back up towards the house.
- Damage and breaks. It is not uncommon for your sewer lines to shift with the movement of the earth they are buried in. This scenario is amplified if it has been a particularly wet winter or, if the drainage system in your yard is not as efficient as it should be. When the ground gets wet, it gets soft, and that leads to severe shifting of the pipes buried in your yard. This severe shifting can easily lead to a break in the line or damage to the fittings. All of which will lead to sewer line materials leaking out of the pipes and into your yard.
- Tree roots. The roots of the trees in your yard are designed to reach far and wide for water and food to keep the tree alive. And, they will go as far and as wide as they need to. This includes all the way to your sewer lines. While it might sound gross to you, the material that can be found in your sewer lines is the exact sustenance that a tree needs to survive for many years. There is plenty of water and organic materials for the tree to feast upon. Having a network of tree roots in your sewer line is a definite disaster and will cause a flood of raw sewage in your yard.
No matter what your sewer line needs are, the highly-skilled team at Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Hercules can help! Whether you have some trees that are making you a little nervous and you want a video camera inspection to see where they are or you have a full-blown raw sewage emergency happening in your backyard – our team is there for you day and night.
With years of experience managing sewer line issues, a thorough understanding of all Hercules municipal sewer regulations, and state-of-the-art sewer line equipment – you can rest assured that when you call Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Hercules, you are calling the best for sewer line repair, cleaning, installation, and replacement!