With all of the responsibility and heavy use, it’s no wonder that your water heater is not only the most important appliance in your home but, it is also the most vulnerable appliance in your home.
In fact, most water heaters have a manufacturer’s warranty of only six years. That means that once that six year mark has come and gone, you are likely to start seeing some problems.
And, if your water heater is nearing ten years old, you will probably start seeing some serious problems soon.
Thankfully, the team at Absolute Plumbing and Drain of El Cerrito has been helping home and business owners with all of their water heater needs for years.
Each member of our team is highly-trained and capable of providing maintenance, installation, and repair service for a wide variety of water heater makes and models.
Repair Services for Your Water Heater
There are many things that can go wrong with your water heater, some of the more common include:
• A bad smell. All water heater tanks eventually begin to corrode and rust. If the water coming out of your hot water faucets is rust colored and has an odor, it is likely that the tank has corroded and needs replacing. A professional member of our team can come and inspect your tank to see to what extent the corrosion has occured and if replacing the adnode rod is a solution or, if you need a new water heater.
• Leaks. If you water heater leaks, this could be a sign that the tank is on the verge of bursting. This is a disastrous situation and one that you definitely want to avoid. Some other causes for water heater tank leaks include fittings that are worn, the pressure relief valve malfunctioning, and pipe gaskets needing replacement. A skilled member of our team will be able to assess where the leak is coming from and give you suggestions for possible repairs.
At Absolute Plumbing and Drain of El Cerrito, we provide water heater repair services for these common problems, and more! Whether your water heater floods your garage and you need immediate service or, you would like to schedule a maintenance appointment for your water heater – we can help!
Water Heater Maintenance
Since your water heater works so hard each day to keep up with all of the tasks that you and your family need to get done, it can wear down a bit faster than some of your other plumbing appliances.
Making sure that you are working with a skilled plumber to keep your hot water heater properly maintained and repaired is essential to ensuring the longevity of your investment. At Absolute Plumbing and Drain of El Cerrito, we value each of our clients and your concerns for the repair, installation, and maintenance of your water heater.
Signs of an ailing water heater include:
• Your water heater is more than ten years old. Most water heaters carry a manufacturer’s warranty of up to six years. Then, the water heater is at greater risk of a breakdown. You can usually get a few more years out of it but, by ten years old and beyond, you should really have your water heater replaced.
• The water that comes out is rust colored. If the inside of your water heater tank is beginning to corrode due to time and use, it might be turning your hot water rust colored. This is a sure sign that it is time to get a new water heater.
• Your water heater makes noise. If your water heater is rumbling and gurgling or making knocking noises, you should definitely call our office. This is a sign that you have a fair amount of sediment built up in the tank and should have it flushed.
• Your water heater is leaking water. If you notice any puddles or water pooling around your water heater tank, you may have a small leak or a fracture in the tank. Your water heater tank expands and contracts slightly with the heating and cooling of the water. This movement can wear down the seal and, when it does, the seam will begin leaking.
You will always be treated with respect by our highly-trained plumbers. Our well-deserved reputation for professionalism and skill is something we take very seriously. You will always be greeted by a life person any time you call our number, and our repair services are guaranteed for up to 24-months.