Would it surprise you to learn that the sewer system for your home is both indoors and outdoors? In fact, the drain system in your home is part of your sewer system. And, an important one at that.
The drains in your Brentwood home are responsible for taking all of the waste and wastewater from their respective fixture or appliance, and carrying it to the main sewer line under your home.
This unforgiving job is extremely important to the day-to-day tasks that you and your family must complete. Things like washing laundry, doing a load of dishes, taking a shower, and washing your hands all require that the drains in your home be properly working.
How Do My Drains Work?
- Each of the fixtures and appliances in your plumbing system have drain
- All of the toilets in your home have drains, and they are the largest drains in your home
- Each drain has a curve shape to it, which is designed to trap water and keep sewer gasses away
- When you use water or flush the toilet, the waste goes down the drain and out to the main sewer line
- The main sewer line catches all of the waste and waste water from all of the drains in your home and, carries it to the municipal sewer line that is buried in the ground somewhere at the boundary of your property line
Your home’s drain system is very intricate and, especially important to the overall health and wellness of your family and your home. If a drain becomes clogged and backs up, you could be left with a basin full of waste water and solid organic materials. The bacteria growth contained in this water is astronomical and could cause serious harm.
The Benefits Of Professional Drain Cleaning
One of the best ways to avoid any kind of problem with your drain system is to have your drains regularly cleaned. When your drain system is used over and over again for things like starchy foods, non-flushable paper products, and health and beauty products – the result is a significant amount of build-up and clog-causing materials.
But, with regular maintenance and cleaning, your drain system will be kept clear of all blockages and you can dramatically reduce the chances of a clog. Some benefits include:
- Video inspection during drain cleaning can identify any areas of your drain system that are troublesome
- Seeing problem spots in your drain system before they escalate can mitigate damage significantly
- If your drain system has a major clog, cleaning will get the clog washed out and return your drains to proper working order
If you have any concerns about your drains, don’t hesitate to contact our office. Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Brentwood has been providing superior drain cleaning support to home and business owners for years.
We have the latest technology and techniques to ensure that your drain cleaning job is done right, and to your utmost satisfaction. To ensure that you don’t have a major clog in your drain system, make sure you are not flushing or rinsing the following materials down your drains:
- Baby wipes
- Shaving cream
- Dental floss
- Feminine napkins
- Starchy foods (potato peelings, rice, noodles, etc.)
- Meat grease
All of these materials will cause clogs and reside build-up in your drain system. The damage could quickly escalate and leave you with significant repair bills. It is always best to prevent these situations from happening all together.
Make sure to contact our office as soon as you have a concern about your drain system. Or, if you just need a maintenance or service appointment. Our team can handle all of your drain cleaning, maintenance, and repair needs.