Antioch, California Sewer Line Repair
The sewer system for your home is an “out of sight, out of mind” kind of relationship. When used water and waste get rinsed down the drain or flushed down the toilet – there is no need to worry about them again.
Unless, something goes wrong and your yard is suddenly flooded with that used water and waste. While this is the worst-case scenario for your sewer system, it is possible. So, it is extremely important that you and the members of your household have plumbing company that you can trust, who has extensive knowledge about sewer lines, prevention, cleaning, maintenance, replacement, and repair.
Luckily, Absolute Plumbing and Drain of Antioch is just that plumbing company. The sewer system for your home manages some very sensitive materials that will land you with serious fines and expenses if any kind of breakdown or malfunction occurs.
Antioch Sewer Line Cleaning and repair
There is a wide variety of things that can interrupt the normal flow of your sewer line. And, each of these things will lead to some kind of leak. It is important to be aware of these common malfunctions so you can recognize the signs and give us a call right away:
- Breaks or cracks. Your sewer line is made of durable materials that are designed to withstand a lot of different elements. But, it is possible for the pipes of your sewer line to break and begin leaking.
- Lose fittings. The fittings of your sewer system are designed to hold the sections of pipe together. However, if the pipes shift for some reason, you could wide up with leaks around the fittings as they can come lose with the movement in the pipes.
- If the dirt that your sewer lines are buried in becomes very soggy or shifts due to some kind of environmental anomaly, the pipes that are buried in the dirt will sag. This can cause an imbalance in the gravity of the system and lead to a back-up of raw sewage into your home.
You Can Help Prevent Sewer Line Trouble
The main sewer line for your home is buried under your home. It is responsible for catching all of the wastewater and waste materials that are flushed down the toilet or rinsed down the drain inside of your home.
That means, that anything that you send down the drains of your home could eventually cause problems for your main sewer line. If you are only rinsing and flushing things that the system is designed to handle, then there is no problem.
Make sure that you and the members of your household do not flush or rinse the following:
- Foreign objects. The best way to avoid this is to child-lock your toilets. It is not uncommon for children to wonder about flushing a toy down the toilet. If the toy does not clog the toilet first, it could make it into the main sewer line and clog the pipe.
- Thick and starchy food. The garbage disposal is a great kitchen appliances. However, it is not a reason to use the kitchen sink like a garbage can. Be thoughtful about what kinds of materials you are putting in your garbage disposal, as they will eventually land in your main sewer line
- Non-flushable paper products. Your toilet is only designed to flush toilet paper and human waste. If you are flushing dental floss, q-tips, baby wipes, and the like – you could be putting your main sewer line at risk.
Our team has years of experience dealing with all of these common sewer line problems, and more. We have all of the proper equipment to replace broken pipes and, we can clean up any sewer leakage and, get your property back in compliance with environmental regulations. Call Absolute Plumbing today, your Antioch sewer line repair experts.